Allied ArtBlog for official Star Wars artists

If you've worked professionally for Lucasfilm or on an officially licensed Star Wars product and would like to join this blog, contact Grant Gould

Monday, February 13, 2006

Maul Monday


I was only gonna' post sketches here, but Grant made me post this. I swear to Jeebus I wasn't copying you, Grant. I'm doing 5 other SW villains as a set of marker drawings to bring to Comic-Con. :)

But if anyone else wants to get in on the Maul cavilcade, feel free! Maybe we should get a weekly theme going to liven this blog up a bit.

-Otis

6 Comments:

Blogger Grant Gould said...

I love that pic, man! And ya know.. that's not a bad idea. Choose a new character each week.. Of course, you and I would probably be the only ones participating. heh :D

13/2/06  
Blogger Otis Frampton said...

I know. I hear crickets chirp whenever I come here.

It's too bad more artists don't post here. With all of the contributors listed, this should be packed with artwork.

-Otis

13/2/06  
Blogger Amy Pronovost said...

Awesome. I haven't drawn maul in forever. :D

14/2/06  
Anonymous Amos said...

I really like your stuff Mr. Farmpton.
Could you say how much would something like this sell for in CC.

QA: Why is it you never give backgrounds to your works?

Amos

15/2/06  
Anonymous amos said...

Other questions:
How long does it usually take you to finish a work like this?
and how long does it take you to think of it?

15/2/06  
Blogger Otis Frampton said...

Amos-

I have no idea how much these should go for. NO IDEA AT ALL. I guess we'll find out.

To say I never do backgrounds in my work is not accurate. Look through my gallery at my site or my comic, "Oddly Normal". Backgrounds galore. I just didn't feel like giving actual backgrounds to these drawings.

These take an hour or two from rough sketch to final marker stroke. The Darth Vader piece took the longest.

-Otis

18/2/06  

Post a Comment

<< Home