Allied ArtBlog for official Star Wars artists

If you've worked professionally for Lucasfilm or on an officially licensed Star Wars product and would like to join this blog, contact Grant Gould

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Mikey


Wow alot of great posts so far. Sorry I've been out of the loop..but will make a point to post more often now. Wanted to put up some character drawings that I did for a comic that I'll officially working on from Viper Comics (Otis's home for his book Oddly Normal) called Johnny Blasters M-Force. IN a nutshell their weapons shoot marshmellows. You can see the original characters and the actual Marshmellow shooters here http://www.marshmallowville.com/ I never even knew these existed.

The drawings that I'll put up are my takes on the characters. This will be a 4 issue mini and is volume 2. Whenever I can post pgs. I will...but for now I can show character sketches that I did as samples to get the gig. Issue 1 won't hit to late this year early next year.

Pencils: Me
Inks/colors: Sven

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark Raats said...

I really love the way you guys use your line. It is so simple and so effective. Somehow I always tend to end up with zillions of them - but ultimately it does not tell the story any better. I think I should really work at emulating your approach. Fine work. Thanks for sharing

21/2/06  
Blogger Grant Gould said...

Congrats, Paul! That's awesome :)

Can't wait to see more!

21/2/06  
Blogger Checkmark said...

Marshmallow guns are the future of weaponry! Good job too, I like the gun.

21/2/06  
Blogger Otis Frampton said...

Paul!

Why didn't you tell me you were doing something for Viper!?! I knew about the Marshmelloe book, but didn't know you were attached. Very cool. Welcome aboard, Viper is a great home. :)

-Otis

21/2/06  
Blogger Paul Gutierrez said...

Hey OTis. Well it wasn't official till a few days ago when all the contracts were signed. Yeah did the character drawings about a month or so ago..the client wanted us to do volume 2 and the rest is history.

22/2/06  

Post a Comment

<< Home