Allied ArtBlog for official Star Wars artists

If you've worked professionally for Lucasfilm or on an officially licensed Star Wars product and would like to join this blog, contact Grant Gould

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Stuff from my 2005 Sketchbook

My Sketchboook was technically a show off of my inking skills, this year I think it'll have a higher sketch content. :D

Here are a couple of pieces from the sketch book. And I realized after doing these, they were all facing the same way >.< :



6 Comments:

Blogger Paul Gutierrez said...

Amy these all scream Fun fun fun! Me likee!

5/2/06  
Blogger Otis Frampton said...

Liking them! :)

What are you inking with, these days?

5/2/06  
Blogger Amy Pronovost said...

THanks guys!

I'm inking mostly with real ink ad a crow quil pen, and also a brush for organic bits. I hate working with pigment liners, but I have to for marker use, because the markers will eat up any ink that won't destroy my good inking materials.

Any recommendations for a good brush pen I can try?

5/2/06  
Blogger Otis Frampton said...

Faber Castell brush pens:

http://www.dickblick.com/zz207/59/

Josh Howard (artist/writer/creator of Viper's "Dead@17" series) turned me onto them last year for inking linework quickly and easily without the mess and of a brush.

Cool pens.

I'm down to one. Better re-order, myself.

-Otis

6/2/06  
Blogger Amy Pronovost said...

Oooh! Thanks, Otis. I'm going to see if I can get these from a Canadian store. :D

Well well well! I can. I need to order $35 worth of stuff before they'll deliver, but I'm sure I can easily blow $35 at an art store. It's a shame Currys doesn't seem to carry the paper I love any more :( At least not for web ordering

6/2/06  
Blogger Grant Gould said...

**Faber Castell brush pens**

i may have to try those out, too :D i've been looking for new pens and such to try out.

6/2/06  

Post a Comment

<< Home