Allied ArtBlog for official Star Wars artists

If you've worked professionally for Lucasfilm or on an officially licensed Star Wars product and would like to join this blog, contact Grant Gould

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Making of Rick McCallum


Sorry I have not been around - just frantically busy at the moment.

I really liked Grant's "making-of" version of the Galactica illustration. I really enjoy seeing how people get the the end product sometimes even more than I do seeing the finished thing (a bit like a lot of movies because I will sometimes get a DVD just to see the 'behind the scenes'). I tend to think there is so much to learn from working notes so perhaps we should share those processes here as well.

That said, here are two pix from an illustration I did for Rick McCallum. The pic I chose to use for his face was only available as a black and white and in very poor quality, so I used a different color photograph as a reference for the flesh tones.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amos Sidelnik said...

Good idea. I really want to know how you do your works.
great work on McCallum in red

4/3/06  
Blogger Grant Gould said...

awesome -- i love that :) and thanks again!

4/3/06  

Post a Comment

<< Home