Allied ArtBlog for official Star Wars artists

If you've worked professionally for Lucasfilm or on an officially licensed Star Wars product and would like to join this blog, contact Grant Gould

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Shaken, Not Stirred



Live and Let Die
Bond and Solitaire

Here are a few 007 pieces from my 2006 sketchbook..two of many to come..the series has started here..









Thunderball

Bond and Domino

The theme is Bond with the main Bond Girl from
each film. Two down and 18 to go.
I actually have a 00 project in the cooker...will post more info when I can.


Diamonds Are Forever
Bond and Tiffany Case


completed on May 24
3rd of the series and not
included in the sketchbook.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mark Raats said...

Oh Damn!! Those are simply beautiful. Fantastic work!! What I especially like about them is that they are so light in execution - not all heavy and harsh on the eye. I wonder if the old softy Roger Moore actually used a Smith and Wesson?? BUt jokes aside, it really gives the frame a terrific balance. Thanks for sharing.

23/5/06  
Blogger Grant Gould said...

I LOVE those! :)

(Roger Moore will always be the *original* James Bond in my mind... hehe)

23/5/06  
Blogger Cat Staggs said...

Thanks you two.. I added a third piece today. Oh and Mark, in Live and Let Die he does get to use the BIG gun! ;)

24/5/06  
Blogger Amos Sidelnik said...

I must desagree with you once again Mr. Gould,
the real one is Sean Connery

Moore just does not have it
even brusnan cannot be compared to connery

great work Ms. Staggs
I love the use of light and dark
any advice (lately I draw things and it looks like pure lines)

amos

24/5/06  
Blogger Mark Raats said...

Somehow I did not remember the detail on Moore's gun - even though I loved the movie what it originally came out.

Fantastic piece on the newest. It evokes the period in both layout and style. Cat, These are the MOST elegant drawings and I sincerely hope you do more of them. I am very interested in your new sketchbook and the process you use for compiling one. You once asked if I had one and my response was 'no'. Perhaps I will drop you a mail to find out how (financially) feasible it all is and where you sell them.

The debate on who was the best Bond will rage forever.

24/5/06  
Blogger Amos Sidelnik said...

I had like to order one right now

25/5/06  
Blogger Cat Staggs said...

sure thing Mark..shoot me an email.

And yes Amos they are still available through my website.

25/5/06  
Blogger Checkmark said...

Wow, these are really good. The realism in these is amazing. I gotta practice realistic drawings more often.

25/5/06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing for qvest, art or artlout, but simply beautiful pictures

8/8/07  

Post a Comment

<< Home